- Recent Photos June 4, 2016
- Enjoy a stroll across Bobbit’s Hole March 20, 2016
- Louise Michel Primary School, Valence March 11, 2016
- Reed bed reduction at Bobbit’s Hole March 2, 2016
- Pride of Tendring Awards 2016 February 5, 2016
- A look back at 2015 December 31, 2015
- Rudolph & Santa collections, Rotary Club of Harwich & Dovercourt December 24, 2015
- Harwich & Dovercourt Community Christmas Lights Switch-On 2015 December 4, 2015
- Harwich Guy Carnival 2015 October 31, 2015
- Bighead & Bucket Shop 2015 October 28, 2015
Tags2013 2015 Appeal Bobbit’s Carnival Charity Christmas church Club Community Council Cruise Day District Dovercourt Essex festival Fort Gardens Guy Hall Harwich Hole Lights Mayor Mayoress Memorial Nature New Open Redoubt Reserve RNLI Rotary School Sea Secret Ship Society St Street Tendring Town Vessel War
Search by date
The old walkway was seriously damaged during last autumn’s vandalism incidents and, thanks to the generosity of the general public, Rotary and ASDA, the Bobbit’s Hole volunteers made it their winter project to build a brand new raised boardwalk across the lake.
Harwich Society chairman, Colin Farnell, says, “The old walkway was badly damaged and the opportunity was there to create something new and much better. It’s been a lot of work but we now have a totally flat, raised boardwalk that is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs and it is a big improvement.”
The boardwalk was officially opened by the Mayor of Harwich Cllr Dave McLeod and Mayoress Dee King on Sunday morning and visitors were soon making good use of it.
“The team has had a very busy winter but it has turned out to be a very productive one,” continued Colin Farnell. “I’m sure that visitors will be pleased to see Bobbit’s Hole looking so good in time for the summer.”
Bobbit’s Hole is open to the public free of charge every Sunday morning between 10AM and 12 noon.
For further information please contact Garry Calver on 01255 551940